Giving to the church

Cash

It has been more difficult to meet together recently but some have kindly asked how how they can continue to support the work of the church. Our outgoings are largely unchanged.

Please give to the church by bank transfer if possible. The church's bank account details are:

You can also give securely using PayPal (although the church incurs significant fees for this):

Gift Aid Logo

Gift Aid

Please use Gift Aid if you are eligible to do so. This increases the value of each gift by 25% as the church can claim back the tax on them.

All you need to do is to complete a one-off Gift Aid Declaration, which you can download here. Once you have signed the form, please post or email it to the treasurer.

You will be given a unique CHBC Gift Aid number that you can use to identify your gifts.

Once you join the scheme then all donations you make – large or small, one-off, occasional or regular, whatever the method of payment – qualify for tax relief.

Pie Chart

Designated gifts

Unless you specify otherwise, we will assign 80% of undesignated gifts to the general, on-going work of the church. The remaining 20% of such gifts is passed on to other works we support:

If you would like your gift to be used for a specific purpose let the treasurer know.

Basement redevelopment

One particular need at present is the proposed basement redevelopment.  Our aim is to transform the unused basement area of the church into affordable accommodation for church workers and others.  Do ask for details.

If you are interested in supporting this work you can help by shopping online through easyfundraising. It's completely free to use.  Shops and websites will donate to us when you do your usual online shopping with them.  You can find out more and sign up by following this link.